Finding the right kind of space in your house to store all the necessary and desired items is a must. However, with today’s compact house designs, it may not always be possible to strike the right balance between an aesthetic and creative ambience along with the perfect options for storage. Furniture designers have now come up with multiple plausible solutions to solve this issue of the lack of space. The installation of proper items of furniture will help you organize the area better and keep your home clutter-free.
Some storage options that you can consider are:
- Shelves – Wooden wall shelves are versatile, and you can find them in multiple styles and designs. These shelves can be placed in the kitchen, living room, bedrooms, or any other space you deem fit based on the way they are constructed and the overall purpose. Floating shelves are the new ‘IN-thing’ that you can use to save space and store your extra items. Shelves can also be open or closed in design, and you can use them to display collectables, decorative elements, and souvenirs too.
- Cupboards – Cupboards and wardrobes have a set function – however, you can feel free to use them as you please, as they can also be multi-functional. Items that you do not want on display can be stored away in closed cupboards. These days, you also have the option of installing a plastic cupboard in the store room or the kids’ room for more storage space and a vibrant vibe. The different sizes, materials, etc., can be considered as you decide on the right kind of cupboard for your bedroom.
- Cabinets – Cabinets of all kinds can be used all around the house. The most common area you will see a cabinet being installed would be the kitchen. Using this space to keep linens, crockery, glassware, and other elements that are used in and around the kitchen would be ideal. Based on the décor of your house, you can choose cabinets that are wooden or glossy or made in matte finish.
- Beds – Yes! You heard that right – beds also have huge storage space. The under-bed storage is something you can capitalize on by keeping your comforters, extra bedsheets, pillowcases, etc. If you like to be even more diligent, you can use organizers to place under the bed to segregate the different elements you are placing in the storage area. These can be easily accessible and will save time.
- Seating storage areas – Ottomans and benches that you use as seating options in your living room or bedrooms are specifically designed to add more storage space. The dual-purpose items are not only decorative but can also be utilized to keep the clutter away from the mainstream areas in the house. The hidden space for storage that these elements offer can be a blessing. Anything you want to keep out of sight but still accessible can be placed here.
- Wall Hooks and Racks – Install wall hooks or racks in entryways, kitchens, or bathrooms to hang coats, hats, towels, or kitchen utensils. They are an excellent way to utilize vertical space effectively. They also ensure that the items that you use frequently are handy and you do not have to open shelves or drawers to access them
Remember to assess your storage needs and available space before selecting the appropriate storage options for your home. Customizing your storage solutions can help you optimize your living areas and keep your belongings organized. The wide variety of options available curated by designers in these times can help significantly.